kitchen REVEAL | at the miller manor

Oh dear mercy, this post has been a long time coming.

You know how those design bloggers seem to buy a house and then reveal their renovations like 2 weeks later?  Yeah.. Real life isn’t quite like that.  We watched our renovation tick by at a snail’s pace… a snail who is riddled with arthritis in it’s old age and has to stop for breaks quite often.  What I honestly thought would be a 2-3 week ordeal (HA!) turned out to be about 6-8 months of work.  However, from where I’m standing now, it was worth every single bit of work, melt downs, schedules, road blocks, re-figuring plans, and fighting with contractors.  Besides only the birth of my children – it is the most rewarding work I think I’ve ever ever done.

When we moved in, I saw a serious vision for this space.  Here’s what our kitchen looked like the day we first walked through it…

And here is what it looks like today…

I am still pinching myself that I actually live here.
Living for months on end with no dishwasher, counter space, and all of our appliances plugged in on random walls was actually all worth it in the end.

My blood, sweat and tears went into creating this space.  I designed the entire kitchen myself, thinking about exactly how I wanted to use it.  To see the project come to fruition was nothing short of magic.  It turned out exactly like I envisioned and I’m so grateful to my whole team of people who helped this come true.  Especially to Brady, who is a great sport about letting me do whatever I want in our home.  This truly wouldn’t have been possible without his hard work and faith in my impeccable taste. ;) After living in rentals for pretty much my entire life, I can’t explain to you how good it feels to have a space that is my very own.  The kitchen is the heart of the home and it sure feels good to be HOME at the Miller Manor.

And because I am not a paid DIY blogger, we also did this kitchen on a remarkable budget.  I’ll be posting all about the details soon, so be sure to comment if you have questions about a specific thing and I’ll make sure to add it into my post.

Do you love it? :D

xoxo

, , ,

23 Responses to kitchen REVEAL | at the miller manor

1. Tammy H January 28, 2015 at 11:55 am #

Amazing Cass! It turned out so awesome. I want it! Great job!!!

2. Michele January 28, 2015 at 11:59 am #

Gorgeous!!!

3. candice January 28, 2015 at 12:04 pm #

Your kitchen is straight out of a dream! Oh my heavens. My husband and I are still renting and I cannot wait to create such a gorgeous space.

4. hannahrose January 28, 2015 at 12:40 pm #

LOVE it! I’m dying do know what Grae’s chores are!

5. Alison January 28, 2015 at 12:43 pm #

Can’t to read all about the details! I am aching to remodel our kitchen and family room space, and I think we may just do it this year. The only thing holding us back is that we can’t agree on exactly what we want to do and of course, the fact that we want to do it inexpensively. So I am really excited to see how you did it!

6. Janae January 28, 2015 at 1:05 pm #

so crazy gorgeous! and i agree with you on having your own home and a space you designed. that is HOME. it’s just lovely! looking forward to the price/resource breakdown :)

7. Leslie January 28, 2015 at 1:14 pm #

I LOVE it.

8. Hannah January 28, 2015 at 1:28 pm #

What a perfectly lovely kitchen!!! I cannot wait to read the details that went into making this gorgeous space. I do have one question, where did you get (or did you make?) the wooden ruler? I need that so badly.

9. Jana January 28, 2015 at 1:39 pm #

Your kitchen is absolutely dreamy!! Where did you get your kitchen table?

• Cass Miller January 30, 2015 at 10:19 am #

Thanks Jana! And my kitchen table is originally pottery barn, but has been painted white. :) I am actually looking to sell it! Are you local?? :D

10. Maggie January 28, 2015 at 1:45 pm #

Where did you get those cute mint stools. I would love some of my own. Also, how did you do your bar? I love the color!

11. April Davis January 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm #

I want to buy actions that make my kitchen look like your kitchen, eh? It is SO perfect and just lovely. Seriously.

12. Jules January 28, 2015 at 2:30 pm #

It rocks! Looks like a beautiful place for family togetherness for years to come!

13. Caitlin January 29, 2015 at 2:11 pm #

This is my husbands grandparents old house! Don’t be surprised if I show up on your doorstep one day asking to come inside!! This looks incredible!!!! I’m so impressed! I’m dying to know what you did with the rest of the house!

• Cass Miller January 30, 2015 at 10:18 am #

Caitlin, that is so awesome!! I have been dying to have someone who knew what the house looked like before come by. Someone bought it before we did and just did a basic flip, but we’ve redone almost all of what they did, so I don’t know what it looks like when the Hunt’s lived here. We think so fondly of them, though and think it’s so amazing that a full generation has been brought up in the walls of our home. We hope we are doing the Hunt family proud. :) And the garden is still very much in tact! :)

Please come by! I would love it! :D

14. Kali January 30, 2015 at 4:31 pm #

I absolutely adore what you did with the space! I can’t wait to own so I can create my own magical kitchen space

15. Katya @ Little Broken January 31, 2015 at 6:52 pm #

I love, love that barn inspired door in the kitchen!!! Where is it from?!

16. Leah February 2, 2015 at 10:01 pm #

Gorgeous!!! Your hard work truly paid off!!!

17. Kristen February 3, 2015 at 2:05 pm #

This is BEAUTIFUL! Well done (:

I pinned an image and am following you both!

18. melissa February 3, 2015 at 10:20 pm #

I want more details on the chore charts and what chores your girls do ;)
    -melissa w.

19. tiffany February 4, 2015 at 6:43 am #

Love everything you did. I want your barn door! Would love a measuring stick too! Organic home made me a meal plan board, I love her work!

20. Starrlynn February 4, 2015 at 8:01 am #

Love all of it! Thanks for the ideas! Would love to win!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. project: miller’s backyard | Cass Miller Blog - July 9, 2015

[…] but who’s counting?) and we underwent our first HUGE remodeling process, when we tackled the kitchen.  The kitchen was so rewarding and it started making our families nod saying “oooookay… […]