I’ve been getting questions about my make-up regiment lately so I thought it would be good to do a post of my favorites right now.
In the summer, I like my make-up as natural as possible. I love to have some fun with make-up and do a smokey eye or something glam every once in a while, but for my day-to-day mom look, I like to keep things simple. I think there’s a common misconception about “natural” make-up and “no” make-up. Even though I like having a natural look, I still like to feel my best and that takes a smidge of product. ;)
1. Garnier BB cream – I am obsessed with this magic potion of BB cream. I love not having to wear a heavy cover-up but still have a good amount of coverage. Plus it’s SPF 20 which makes it a great summer addition to the ol’ caboodle. (and yes, I actually do have a caboodle) On my more made-up days I still use it under my bare mineral powder and I can use SO much less powder for the coverage, so it really stretches the more expensive stuff as well. Add to that that it doesn’t irritate or break-out my temperamental skin and we’re in total paradise.
2. Pink Blush – If you haven’t ever tried a pink blush, let me be the first to tell you, you’re missing out. There is something so fun and natural and youthful about a really pink blush. It just brightens up a face a way the more bronzed or mauve-y colors can’t. This one pictured is a mineral blush I picked up from Sally’s and I like it, but my other favorite is the maybelline bouncy blush. Really, any pink will do. I like to dab it into the apples of my cheeks with my rounded blush brush for a super natural look.
3. Maybeline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Espresso – This. This is the Lord of the eyeliners. It is tear proof, heat proof and even sleep proof. It is the best “tear line” liner I’ve ever used. I love to run some over my tear line on bottom and just at the base of my lash line on top. Then, I smudge a line of my brow shadow (#6 below) over the liner. This will give you that perfectly natural “I just woke up super beautiful” look. ;)
4. Lip Butter – I don’t think anything polishes off a natural look like a good lip stain or lip butter. I love the Revlon lip butter line because they’re super moisturizing with a lot of color. My current fave is the sugar frosting. I also love the maybelline color whisper line, especially in the berry ready which I can just lightly dab on for a natural lip stain, or layer on for a super bold lip. And my all-time favorite lip color right now is maybelline disco pink which is such a cute pink that’s super sparkly. My lips tend to get really dried out with normal lipstick, but I’ve found if I prime my lips with vasaline I don’t have that problem. I put vasaline on my lips every night before bed and every morning before my make-up to keep them super soft and creamy looking.
5. Bahama Mama Bronzer – This bronzer is seriously where it’s at. For a long time I just used whatever bronzer I could find in Target, but once I splurged (only $15) on the bahama mama, I knew there was no going back. My favorite part of the natural look is a good highlighting and contouring and there is no other bronzer I have found that can chisel those cheekbones like the bahama mama. For a great video on how to HAC, see this. Game changer status, people.
6. Brow Shadow – This should actually be #1 because I think it is THE most important part of any look, but specifically, the natural look. Filling in brows is a step that the majority of people skip over. If you are one of these people, let me hold your hand and lead you into the wonderful world of brow shaping. A good brow will shape your face, open your eyes and give you a perfectly natural look like nothing else. Unless you’re Brooke Shields, you probably need to fill in your brows somewhere. My brows are naturally really dark and pretty thick, but they’re not super long. I always fill my brows in the middle, bringing them to line up with the outsides of my nose and then extend the outer parts to line up with the outside of my eye and I also lighting fill in the middle to exaggerate that gorgeous arch. Since Maskcara has a video for everything, check out her video on getting the perfect brow HERE. Try this today if you haven’t before. I promise you wont regret it. My filled in brows make me look at least 50% prettier. The secret’s out, people. I use this ashy brown color in covergirl and an angled brush (pictured) target has a great up&up brand angled brush in the make-up section for like $2. You are just $5 away from a perfect brow, ladies.
So there you have it! These products all together will cost you approximately $60 and may or may not change your life for the better. This simple regime takes me about 5 minutes or less and is the perfect summer make-up, if I do say so myself.
I’ll answer any questions in the comments!
Have a gorgeous Monday!